Monday 10 June 2013

Butterfly, fly away


When I was a kid, I was living pretty much inside a cocoon. My parents were always a few yards close by me and the watchful eyes never left me. But, I absolutely hated it. Vengeful, I would ride my bicycle and go far, far away to places I hadn't been to. I was always a brave kid, they had to see it.

What I didn't realize, to my parents, I was always their little one. So much that I needed to hide my bruises when I fell down without their notice while I was up to one of my notorious stunts.

Mom, Can I have those?

Maybe when you're older.

Mom, Can I go?

No.

Mom, Can I have some more pocket money today?

Why?

As I recollect these memories, I kind of miss them not being told now. I guess I am finally a butterfly out of her cocoon. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment